Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
"City Car Driving" general discussion forum for English users
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Starter.exe

Starter.exe 14 Apr 2012 08:38 #2756

Hi there
i recently purchased the game and i start it up choose my car and weather and click drive it loads to full then kicks me out and says starter.exe has stopped working i have reinstalled it all my drivers are up to fate and my computer passes the requirments by far please help
:(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Starter.exe 15 Apr 2012 21:33 #2779

  • josef
  • josef's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • User
  • Posts: 41
  • Thank you received: 3
Do you start the game as Administrator?
did you stopped beating up your mom?yes or no?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Starter.exe 16 Apr 2012 13:06 #2791

  • Kivlov
  • Kivlov's Avatar
Hello,

Please, accurately follow these steps - citycardriving.com/faq?view=faq&catid=16
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Starter.exe 02 Jun 2012 18:57 #2930

  • dyldog24
  • dyldog24's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Novice
  • Posts: 39
  • Thank you received: 3
Kivlov wrote:
Hello,

Please, accurately follow these steps - citycardriving.com/faq?view=faq&catid=16
I am having this same problem with the Mercedes bens sprinter. It is saying that the starter.exe has stopped working. First of all, My computer can run just about anything. It meets the requirements. Any suggestions? :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Starter.exe 04 Jun 2012 13:14 #2935

  • Kivlov
  • Kivlov's Avatar
dyldog24 wrote:
Kivlov wrote:
Hello,

Please, accurately follow these steps - citycardriving.com/faq?view=faq&catid=16
I am having this same problem with the Mercedes bens sprinter. It is saying that the starter.exe has stopped working. First of all, My computer can run just about anything. It meets the requirements. Any suggestions? :(
Please, notice that correct program operation with any third-party mod is not guaranteed! You install them at your own risk. Developers bear no responsibility for this.

In case of game malfunction caused by any third-party mod you should fully delete and then install the game again according to these steps:

1. Uninstall the game from the "Programs and components" menu in the control panel.

2. Manually delete the folder, where the game has been installed (if it will remain after uninstallation).

3. Delete folders "Multisoft" and "Forward Development" from your "My Documents" folder.

4. Install the game again (using the latest distributive from our official web site) and surely run the distribution kit with administrator privileges (right click on it and choose "Run as administrator" in the context menu). During the installation process you should agree on installing all additional software, because it's necessary for correct program operation.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Starter.exe 07 Jun 2012 03:15 #2954

  • dyldog24
  • dyldog24's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Novice
  • Posts: 39
  • Thank you received: 3
Kivlov wrote:
dyldog24 wrote:
Kivlov wrote:
Hello,

Please, accurately follow these steps - citycardriving.com/faq?view=faq&catid=16
I am having this same problem with the Mercedes bens sprinter. It is saying that the starter.exe has stopped working. First of all, My computer can run just about anything. It meets the requirements. Any suggestions? :(
Please, notice that correct program operation with any third-party mod is not guaranteed! You install them at your own risk. Developers bear no responsibility for this.

In case of game malfunction caused by any third-party mod you should fully delete and then install the game again according to these steps:

1. Uninstall the game from the "Programs and components" menu in the control panel.

2. Manually delete the folder, where the game has been installed (if it will remain after uninstallation).

3. Delete folders "Multisoft" and "Forward Development" from your "My Documents" folder.

4. Install the game again (using the latest distributive from our official web site) and surely run the distribution kit with administrator privileges (right click on it and choose "Run as administrator" in the context menu). During the installation process you should agree on installing all additional software, because it's necessary for correct program operation.

I see what the problem was for it. It was just that my game was a higher version than the car from 3DI. B)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nlpi

Game crashes, when I play free driving for a bit! 23 Jul 2020 10:28 #114628

I have been playing this game for a few days, I bought the game off of steam , and I am having some problems with it! I am playing it on a nitro five acer gaming laptop, when I try to enter free driving mode, I hear some sort of noise in the game crashes and give me some kind of error, how do I prevent this from happening, I just want to do is just relax and enjoy the driving of the game, but sadly no and it’s really frustrating and annoying. Going to the career mode, and has not crashed, but crashes when I’m doing free driving and that’s it. Could someone please DM me about the situation, I know how to prevent it from crashing on my nitro acer 5 gaming laptop? Thank you! Have a great night!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Game crashes, when I play free driving for a bit! 24 Jul 2020 08:23 #114632

  • Kivlov
  • Kivlov's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Developer
  • Posts: 262
  • Thank you received: 32
Seanie103 wrote:
I have been playing this game for a few days, I bought the game off of steam , and I am having some problems with it! I am playing it on a nitro five acer gaming laptop, when I try to enter free driving mode, I hear some sort of noise in the game crashes and give me some kind of error, how do I prevent this from happening, I just want to do is just relax and enjoy the driving of the game, but sadly no and it’s really frustrating and annoying. Going to the career mode, and has not crashed, but crashes when I’m doing free driving and that’s it. Could someone please DM me about the situation, I know how to prevent it from crashing on my nitro acer 5 gaming laptop? Thank you! Have a great night!!
Hello,

Please note that laptops (any) are not officially supported.

You can try advices below, but we cannot guarantee correct game working on laptops.

Maybe the game uses the integrated one for some reason. Try forcing the game to the dedicated one – right click on the game shortcut and select Run with GPU <your dedicated video card>. Or if you don’t have this option in the context menu, you can follow these advices – www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-components/how-set-default-graphics-card-3612668/

Also you can try these steps:

1. Install DirectX and Visual C++ components from this folder manually, go to this folder -
"...Steam\steamapps\common\City Car Driving\_CommonRedist\" and install all the components from there.

In some cases this folder can be located in a different place - "... Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared".

2. Update your video card driver to the latest version from your video card manufacturer's website.

3. Update your sound card driver to the latest version from your sound card manufacturer's website.

4. If you're using a racing wheel (or any other controller), update its driver to the latest version from your controller manufacturer's website.

5. Turn off any antivirus or firewall software.

6. Check the game cache integrity in Steam client.

7. Turn off the Steam cloud profile synchronization for City Car Driving – open your Steam client, click on City Car Driving with right mouse button and choose “Properties” from the context menu. Then open the tab “Updates” and there turn off the option “Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for City Car Driving”.

8. Delete the folder "Forward Development" from your "My Documents" folder.

Then run the game again.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Game crashes, when I play free driving for a bit! 24 Jul 2020 08:33 #114636

Wow! It plays and runs just fine on my laptop! I don’t understand why it’s not supported, when I chose it on steam , It didn’t tell me that the game wasn’t supported. So I don’t understand that. But that is a lot of info! I think it might take me like three days just to figure this out! So I apologize! Someone told me I need to play the game and low graphics, to prevent the game from crashing, is that something I could do? Because I feel like I have antivirus called McAfee, which protects me from viruses, I don’t want My computer to have tons of viruses on, and I cannot turn that off! I have been wanting to play this for years, and I have the system requirements too!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Game crashes, when I play free driving for a bit! 24 Jul 2020 09:12 #114638

  • THETJVIDCHANNEL
  • THETJVIDCHANNEL's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Global Moderator
  • Passion for Audi, BMW, VW and Range Rover
  • Posts: 10242
  • Thank you received: 1667
Seanie103 wrote:
Wow! It plays and runs just fine on my laptop! I don’t understand why it’s not supported, when I chose it on steam , It didn’t tell me that the game wasn’t supported. So I don’t understand that.
It is listed in the computer requirements on Steam.
Contact me in a PM if you have any concerns about users or the forum.

Mod Maker - Moderator - YouTube Video Creator

vk.com/tj_mods - VK Modding Page
www.youtube.com/THETJVIDCHANNEL - YouTube - TJ

Location - Melbourne, Australia - GMT +11:00

Personal Car:
2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI 7.5 (Pure White)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds