Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
"City Car Driving" modifications forum
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: How can I Change the Physics of a car?

How can I Change the Physics of a car? 30 Jul 2018 12:35 #109574

  • zachmassy
  • zachmassy's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Frequenter
  • Posts: 161
  • Thank you received: 10
Hello,

I was wondering, is it easy to change the physics of a car? For example, can I put one cars’ physics in another car?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How can I Change the Physics of a car? 30 Jul 2018 23:01 #109586

  • kas1.4truckdriver
  • kas1.4truckdriver's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Škoda and Volvo fan.
  • Posts: 4368
  • Thank you received: 965
zachmassy wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering, is it easy to change the physics of a car? For example, can I put one cars’ physics in another car?

Depends on what you think is easy. its not a hard job, I believe there is a tutorial in the tutorial section
Current cars that I drive in real life:
- Ford Transit Connect L2H2 2012
- Ford Transit L3H2 2014
- Opel Agila 1.2 2011
- Skoda Octavia Combi 1.4 Tsi 2016
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How can I Change the Physics of a car? 30 Jul 2018 23:14 #109587

  • zachmassy
  • zachmassy's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Frequenter
  • Posts: 161
  • Thank you received: 10
kas1.4truckdriver wrote:
zachmassy wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering, is it easy to change the physics of a car? For example, can I put one cars’ physics in another car?

Depends on what you think is easy. its not a hard job, I believe there is a tutorial in the tutorial section
You talking about this?

citycardriving.com/forum?view=topic&catid=26&id=98730
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How can I Change the Physics of a car? 31 Jul 2018 00:17 #109588

  • THETJVIDCHANNEL
  • THETJVIDCHANNEL's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Global Moderator
  • Passion for Audi, Mercedes-AMG and Range Rover
  • Posts: 9193
  • Thank you received: 1543
You can copy physics from one car to another, however some mods are based on different cars. For example, I find that with mods by Denis, if you copy his physics the collision file will stop working properly.

If you were to copy physics, make it only between cars from the same modder.

To copy physics, just copy all the appropriate files and rename the filepaths in data/physics/cars/carname (p_player_setup.ini)
Contact me in a PM if you have any concerns about users or the forum.

Mod Maker - Moderator - YouTube Video Creator

vk.com/tj_mods - VK Modding Page
www.youtube.com/THETJVIDCHANNEL - YouTube - TJ

Location - Melbourne, Australia GMT +10:00
Favourite cars - 2019 Audi A6 Avant - 2017 Mercedes-AMG E63s - 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR

PC Specs:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How can I Change the Physics of a car? 31 Jul 2018 00:34 #109591

  • zachmassy
  • zachmassy's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Frequenter
  • Posts: 161
  • Thank you received: 10
THETJVIDCHANNEL wrote:
You can copy physics from one car to another, however some mods are based on different cars. For example, I find that with mods by Denis, if you copy his physics the collision file will stop working properly.

If you were to copy physics, make it only between cars from the same modder.

To copy physics, just copy all the appropriate files and rename the filepaths in data/physics/cars/carname (p_player_setup.ini)
Sorry, I don’t understand how to copy the physics...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How can I Change the Physics of a car? 31 Jul 2018 01:02 #109593

  • THETJVIDCHANNEL
  • THETJVIDCHANNEL's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Global Moderator
  • Passion for Audi, Mercedes-AMG and Range Rover
  • Posts: 9193
  • Thank you received: 1543
data/physics/cars/carname

Copy the file there and replace the mod you want with it. Rename the filepaths in the file with the filepath in the original mod.
---
data/physics/Engine/carname

Copy the file there and replace the mod you want with it. Renaming not required
---
data/physics/Transmission/carname

Copy the file there and replace the mod you want with it. Renaming not required
Contact me in a PM if you have any concerns about users or the forum.

Mod Maker - Moderator - YouTube Video Creator

vk.com/tj_mods - VK Modding Page
www.youtube.com/THETJVIDCHANNEL - YouTube - TJ

Location - Melbourne, Australia GMT +10:00
Favourite cars - 2019 Audi A6 Avant - 2017 Mercedes-AMG E63s - 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR

PC Specs:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How can I Change the Physics of a car? 31 Jul 2018 01:42 #109594

  • zachmassy
  • zachmassy's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Frequenter
  • Posts: 161
  • Thank you received: 10
Oh, ok
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds