Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
"City Car Driving" offtopic forum

TOPIC: Real-Life Dashcam Videos

Real-Life Dashcam Videos 29 Dec 2019 04:35 #113488

  • GSHAPIROY
  • GSHAPIROY's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • City Car Driving Mod Maker
  • Posts: 3671
  • Thank you received: 399
kas1.4truckdriver wrote:
And yes, I think you are in the wrong for blocking him, and not driving on the right side of the road. I would do the same as the Chrysler. Yes I know you don't like to hear that.
Well if you did that (passing me without giving the full lane), then you would be breaking the law.
YouTube: goo.gl/tueUM9
VK Modding Group: vk.com/mods_by_gshapiroy

Current Vehicles:
2010 Honda Odyssey Touring
2009 Kia Optima LX

David02 wrote:
You're my favorite.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Real-Life Dashcam Videos 29 Dec 2019 05:47 #113489

  • THETJVIDCHANNEL
  • THETJVIDCHANNEL's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Global Moderator
  • Passion for Audi, BMW, VW and Range Rover
  • Posts: 10277
  • Thank you received: 1672
GSHAPIROY wrote:
kas1.4truckdriver wrote:
And yes, I think you are in the wrong for blocking him, and not driving on the right side of the road. I would do the same as the Chrysler. Yes I know you don't like to hear that.
Well if you did that (passing me without giving the full lane), then you would be breaking the law.
That's a bad law. In Australia you only need to give cyclists at least one metre.
Contact me in a PM if you have any concerns about users or the forum.

Mod Maker - Moderator - YouTube Video Creator

vk.com/tj_mods - VK Modding Page
www.youtube.com/THETJVIDCHANNEL - YouTube - TJ

Location - Melbourne, Australia - GMT +11:00

Personal Car:
2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI 7.5 (Pure White)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Real-Life Dashcam Videos 29 Dec 2019 20:27 #113496

  • David02
  • David02's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Global Moderator
  • David is the name, moderating is the game.
  • Posts: 6550
  • Thank you received: 1627
THETJVIDCHANNEL wrote:
GSHAPIROY wrote:
kas1.4truckdriver wrote:
And yes, I think you are in the wrong for blocking him, and not driving on the right side of the road. I would do the same as the Chrysler. Yes I know you don't like to hear that.
Well if you did that (passing me without giving the full lane), then you would be breaking the law.
That's a bad law. In Australia you only need to give cyclists at least one metre.
Not the law in the U.S. either... Here, it is three feet (also a meter).
Hello! My name is David, and here are some important things about me.

Contact Information
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


PC Specs
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


City Car Driving Information
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Real-Life Dashcam Videos 30 Dec 2019 00:43 #113501

  • GSHAPIROY
  • GSHAPIROY's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • City Car Driving Mod Maker
  • Posts: 3671
  • Thank you received: 399
David02 wrote:
THETJVIDCHANNEL wrote:
GSHAPIROY wrote:
kas1.4truckdriver wrote:
And yes, I think you are in the wrong for blocking him, and not driving on the right side of the road. I would do the same as the Chrysler. Yes I know you don't like to hear that.
Well if you did that (passing me without giving the full lane), then you would be breaking the law.
That's a bad law. In Australia you only need to give cyclists at least one metre.
Not the law in the U.S. either... Here, it is three feet (also a meter).
The full-lane law is not a federal law but it is a law in several states in the US (OH and FL included). However, the driver didn't give me three feet, either.
YouTube: goo.gl/tueUM9
VK Modding Group: vk.com/mods_by_gshapiroy

Current Vehicles:
2010 Honda Odyssey Touring
2009 Kia Optima LX

David02 wrote:
You're my favorite.
Last Edit: 30 Dec 2019 00:43 by GSHAPIROY.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Real-Life Dashcam Videos 30 Dec 2019 03:37 #113502

  • David02
  • David02's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Global Moderator
  • David is the name, moderating is the game.
  • Posts: 6550
  • Thank you received: 1627
GSHAPIROY wrote:
David02 wrote:
THETJVIDCHANNEL wrote:
GSHAPIROY wrote:
kas1.4truckdriver wrote:
And yes, I think you are in the wrong for blocking him, and not driving on the right side of the road. I would do the same as the Chrysler. Yes I know you don't like to hear that.
Well if you did that (passing me without giving the full lane), then you would be breaking the law.
That's a bad law. In Australia you only need to give cyclists at least one metre.
Not the law in the U.S. either... Here, it is three feet (also a meter).
The full-lane law is not a federal law but it is a law in several states in the US (OH and FL included). However, the driver didn't give me three feet, either.
Again, not true! Florida law dictates three feet. The only source I can find that reports an entire lane is a "cycling" website. Here is the law as written on the Florida state legislature's website: www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.083.html.

And I would wager that he did give you three feet, given that the average lane width in the United States is about three meters. That three meters means that the right edge of his car was about 1.5 meters from the edge of the road (and three meters is a bit of a conservative estimate depending on where you are). As long as you were about half a meter to three quarters of a meter away from the edge of the road, the pass was legal. And even if it was a bit close, given that I had to do all of this math just to prove a silly point, it is pretty hard to gauge what is/isn't three meters. Given that everything I have said above is true, and that you seem to have given up on defending riding in the middle of the lane and pretending that you are a car as safe, just ride closer to the right edge of the road, as it will make everybody's life a lot easier.
Hello! My name is David, and here are some important things about me.

Contact Information
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


PC Specs
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


City Car Driving Information
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 30 Dec 2019 03:37 by David02.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: filipcde

Real-Life Dashcam Videos 06 Jan 2020 07:37 #113558

  • GSHAPIROY
  • GSHAPIROY's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • City Car Driving Mod Maker
  • Posts: 3671
  • Thank you received: 399
YouTube: goo.gl/tueUM9
VK Modding Group: vk.com/mods_by_gshapiroy

Current Vehicles:
2010 Honda Odyssey Touring
2009 Kia Optima LX

David02 wrote:
You're my favorite.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Real-Life Dashcam Videos 19 Jan 2020 06:08 #113698

  • GSHAPIROY
  • GSHAPIROY's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • City Car Driving Mod Maker
  • Posts: 3671
  • Thank you received: 399
YouTube: goo.gl/tueUM9
VK Modding Group: vk.com/mods_by_gshapiroy

Current Vehicles:
2010 Honda Odyssey Touring
2009 Kia Optima LX

David02 wrote:
You're my favorite.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Real-Life Dashcam Videos 27 Jan 2020 07:21 #113757

  • GSHAPIROY
  • GSHAPIROY's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • City Car Driving Mod Maker
  • Posts: 3671
  • Thank you received: 399
YouTube: goo.gl/tueUM9
VK Modding Group: vk.com/mods_by_gshapiroy

Current Vehicles:
2010 Honda Odyssey Touring
2009 Kia Optima LX

David02 wrote:
You're my favorite.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Real-Life Dashcam Videos 10 Mar 2020 01:52 #113945

  • GSHAPIROY
  • GSHAPIROY's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • City Car Driving Mod Maker
  • Posts: 3671
  • Thank you received: 399


YouTube: goo.gl/tueUM9
VK Modding Group: vk.com/mods_by_gshapiroy

Current Vehicles:
2010 Honda Odyssey Touring
2009 Kia Optima LX

David02 wrote:
You're my favorite.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Real-Life Dashcam Videos 01 Apr 2020 03:41 #114087

  • THETJVIDCHANNEL
  • THETJVIDCHANNEL's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Global Moderator
  • Passion for Audi, BMW, VW and Range Rover
  • Posts: 10277
  • Thank you received: 1672
Blocking Our Lane and No Headlights



The Mitsubishi had no headlights on, and they thought they could pull out, block our lane, and try to go between our car and the oncoming Kona. There was not going to be enough distance/time for them to pull out safely, so I figured I would change lanes to go around them.

You could argue that if I hadn't changed lanes, they would have made it, but they would have been cutting it close. Blocking our lane is not great way to wait, because I can't just keep driving towards them hoping they will go.
Contact me in a PM if you have any concerns about users or the forum.

Mod Maker - Moderator - YouTube Video Creator

vk.com/tj_mods - VK Modding Page
www.youtube.com/THETJVIDCHANNEL - YouTube - TJ

Location - Melbourne, Australia - GMT +11:00

Personal Car:
2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI 7.5 (Pure White)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds