Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions about the "City Car Driving" website & forum

TOPIC: Website and Forum Suggestions

Re: Website and Forum Suggestions 11 Nov 2013 20:04 #18229

  • jericho
  • jericho's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Forum Administrator
  • *Eurobeat intensifies*
  • Posts: 4791
  • Thank you received: 663
One more,
FAQ again (My wheel in the game is not centered. What's wrong? ):
Original: before running the simulator you should connect the wheel and wait until the end of its’ auto calibration.
Correction: before running the simulator you should connect the wheel and wait until the end of its auto calibration.
No apostrophe after "its". Because "its" without the apostrophe is the possessive form of the pronoun. I don't think "its'" with an apostrophe makes sense :lol: .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Website and Forum Suggestions 12 Nov 2013 01:06 #18235

  • Aaron Wise
  • Aaron Wise's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 646
  • Thank you received: 16
Stryder237 wrote:
Kivlov wrote:
Thanks! I've fixed all of the above.

Waiting for more... :)

Original: Instructor will give you advices in time of driving.

Correction: The Instructor will give you advice whilst of driving.

Another missing "the". "Advices" isn't a word. "whilst" basically means "in time of"
It should be:
The Instructor will give you advice while you're driving.
idek
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Website and Forum Suggestions 12 Nov 2013 04:29 #18242

  • Stryder237
  • Stryder237's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 82
Oh yes, you're right. I never took into account the "of". Nobody's perfect!

I'll do more over time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Website and Forum Suggestions 12 Nov 2013 06:20 #18253

  • Aaron Wise
  • Aaron Wise's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 646
  • Thank you received: 16
S'alright :lol:
idek
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Website and Forum Suggestions 12 Nov 2013 14:48 #18256

  • Kivlov
  • Kivlov's Avatar
Aaron Wise wrote:
It should be:
The Instructor will give you advice while you're driving.
Excuse me, but in this case I can't understand - why?

Why with "The"? Instructor in this case is not a concrete person and not a specified item. It's just an abstract onject - AI system which sends you voice advices.

And why with a capital letter at the beginning?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Website and Forum Suggestions 12 Nov 2013 16:31 #18262

  • jericho
  • jericho's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Forum Administrator
  • *Eurobeat intensifies*
  • Posts: 4791
  • Thank you received: 663
Strange :dry: . I don't hear voice advice in my game :huh: .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Website and Forum Suggestions 13 Nov 2013 00:38 #18270

  • Aaron Wise
  • Aaron Wise's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 646
  • Thank you received: 16
Kivlov wrote:
Aaron Wise wrote:
It should be:
The Instructor will give you advice while you're driving.
Excuse me, but in this case I can't understand - why?

Why with "The"? Instructor in this case is not a concrete person and not a specified item. It's just an abstract onject - AI system which sends you voice advices.

And why with a capital letter at the beginning?
Good questions.
First one:
Because you always put "The" before a thing regardless of whether it's an AI voice, or a object. The instructor is a thing, not a person. Therefore, you must use "The" before the word "Instructor". If "Instructor" is the actual name of the person talking, not the general name given to people of that job (as in, something you can replace with a pronoun, like "he" "she") then you say "Instructor gives you advice while you drive." However, people don't know that, and it seems wrong. You're better off saying "The instructor gives you advice while you drive."
2nd question: Because it's the beginning of the sentence. Simple as that.
idek
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Website and Forum Suggestions 13 Nov 2013 15:27 #18293

  • Kivlov
  • Kivlov's Avatar
jericho wrote:
Strange :dry: . I don't hear voice advice in my game :huh: .
Oh... Srroy, I've meant text advice messages of course. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Website and Forum Suggestions 13 Nov 2013 15:35 #18294

  • Kivlov
  • Kivlov's Avatar
Aaron Wise wrote:
Good questions.
First one:
Because you always put "The" before a thing regardless of whether it's an AI voice, or a object. The instructor is a thing, not a person. Therefore, you must use "The" before the word "Instructor". If "Instructor" is the actual name of the person talking, not the general name given to people of that job (as in, something you can replace with a pronoun, like "he" "she") then you say "Instructor gives you advice while you drive." However, people don't know that, and it seems wrong. You're better off saying "The instructor gives you advice while you drive."
2nd question: Because it's the beginning of the sentence. Simple as that.
I see. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Website and Forum Suggestions 13 Nov 2013 17:56 #18297

  • jericho
  • jericho's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Forum Administrator
  • *Eurobeat intensifies*
  • Posts: 4791
  • Thank you received: 663
And I thought I was good in English. Apparently there are more stuff that I don't know :ohmy: .
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds