Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions about the "City Car Driving" website & forum

TOPIC: Let's revive the Forum

Re: Let's revive the Forum 27 Jun 2015 22:52 #47128

  • David02
  • David02's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Global Moderator
  • David is the name, moderating is the game.
  • Posts: 6544
  • Thank you received: 1619
Spoutnik wrote:
I agree, however Kivlov said there were performance issues when they did that ;)

Also, the mountanous district still uses the old 1.2 graphics, while the New City uses better textures than the old :laugh:
I think this may be why the Mountainous District has higher FPS than the rest of the city on some systems.
Hello! My name is David, and here are some important things about me.

Contact Information
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


PC Specs
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


City Car Driving Information
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Let's revive the Forum 27 Jun 2015 22:58 #47131

  • simulationdude
  • simulationdude's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • American
  • Posts: 4475
  • Thank you received: 486
Spoutnik wrote:
I agree, however Kivlov said there were performance issues when they did that ;)

Also, the mountanous district still uses the old 1.2 graphics, while the New City uses better textures than the old :laugh:
They should still do it anyways, I'm sure my computer can handle it
CEO of Sim Forestry Company. Contact me on forum for job salary starts at
a decent 40k.


детские игрушки


AMD FX 6300 6-Core @ 3.5 Ghz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti
16 GB DDR3 Ram
1 TB SSD
Logitech G25 and Logitech Driving Force GT
Windows 8.1
2 20 inch monitors (Buy me a third and i'll ship you a cookie expedited)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Let's revive the Forum 27 Jun 2015 23:00 #47132

  • David02
  • David02's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Global Moderator
  • David is the name, moderating is the game.
  • Posts: 6544
  • Thank you received: 1619
simulationdude wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
I agree, however Kivlov said there were performance issues when they did that ;)

Also, the mountanous district still uses the old 1.2 graphics, while the New City uses better textures than the old :laugh:
They should still do it anyways, I'm sure my computer can handle it
It's a good idea.
Hello! My name is David, and here are some important things about me.

Contact Information
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


PC Specs
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


City Car Driving Information
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Let's revive the Forum 27 Jun 2015 23:05 #47134

  • Spoutnik
  • Spoutnik's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Build a wall
  • Posts: 1503
  • Thank you received: 225
David02 wrote:
simulationdude wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
I agree, however Kivlov said there were performance issues when they did that ;)

Also, the mountanous district still uses the old 1.2 graphics, while the New City uses better textures than the old :laugh:
They should still do it anyways, I'm sure my computer can handle it
It's a good idea.

Yeah, but on another hand the game is already laggy enough for many people.
SPOUTNIK

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Let's revive the Forum 27 Jun 2015 23:10 #47136

  • Stryder237
  • Stryder237's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 1433
  • Thank you received: 82
I'm pretty sure the lag comes from buildings. I've tried it on heaviest traffic, rain, nighttime outside the city and the game is laggy but playable. The same scenario with buildings around creates huge lag. The moment buildings begin to load, the framerate tanks.

The game would run nicely if the city performed like the country.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Let's revive the Forum 27 Jun 2015 23:11 #47137

  • David02
  • David02's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Global Moderator
  • David is the name, moderating is the game.
  • Posts: 6544
  • Thank you received: 1619
Stryder237 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the lag comes from buildings. I've tried it on heaviest traffic, rain, nighttime outside the city and the game is laggy but playable. The same scenario with buildings around creates huge lag. The moment buildings begin to load, the framerate tanks.

The game would run nicely if the city performed like the country.
I think the game has a bit of trouble rendering models. I noticed on my old PC, when a traffic car would generate, there would be a drop of a few FPS from vision. That is why only on lower end PCs does the traffic percentage matter.
Hello! My name is David, and here are some important things about me.

Contact Information
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


PC Specs
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


City Car Driving Information
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Let's revive the Forum 30 Jun 2015 03:50 #47188

  • jericho
  • jericho's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Forum Administrator
  • *Eurobeat intensifies*
  • Posts: 4781
  • Thank you received: 662
I think it's because they're using an old engine
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Let's revive the Forum 30 Jun 2015 04:25 #47192

jericho wrote:
I think it's because they're using an old engine



also I think it's their computer because game developer computers aren't meant for playing games they're meant for developing the game not playing them
That thing got a hemi?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds